Master of Technology
ISS offers Master of Technology (MTech) degrees in Software Engineering (SE), Knowledge Engineering (KE) and Enterprise Business Analytics (EBAC). Each programme leads to the award of a Masters degree by the National University of Singapore.
Each programme extends over a minimum period of two and one-half years, and a maximum of five years of part-time study. The programmes are also available on a full-time basis over a minimum period of one and a half years.
Master of Technology in Software Engineering (MTech SE)
MTech SE is offered jointly by ISS, the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering and the School of Computing.
It is specifically designed to meet the needs of today's busy IT professionals and managers without disrupting their work and career. The curriculum emphasises understanding and exploitation of advanced technologies and management disciplines. It focuses on the practical application of innovative techniques and developing the IT professional's capability for innovation. The degree aims to create graduates who are capable of fulfilling the following roles in the IT industry:
- Technically-oriented software project managers capable of successfully delivering projects that meet international quality standards and apply the major contemporary software platforms, technologies and methodologies.
- Management-aware software architects capable of architecting and designing systems that exploit the major contemporary software platforms, technologies and methodologies, and capable of leading the development work in a managed quality-oriented environment.
MTech SE Brochure
Master of Technology in Knowlege Engineering (MTech KE)
MTech KE is offered jointly by ISS, the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering and the School of Computing.
It is specifically designed to meet the needs of today's busy IT professionals and domain experts without disrupting their work and career. The curriculum emphasizes the concepts, techniques and methods of Intelligent Systems, and their application to the development of data analytics applications. Graduates of the programme are capable of:
- Applying Intelligent Systems concepts, techniques and methods to solve typical business problems.
- Leading the development of Intelligent Systems using existing tools and techniques, including Prediction, Forecasting, Classification, Clustering and Optimization.
- Designing and customizing algorithms to solve complex business problems and creating strategic advantage.
MTech KE Brochure
Master of Technology in Enterprise Business Analytics (MTech EBAC)
MTech EBAC is offered jointly by ISS, the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering and the Division of Engineering and Technology Management of the Faculty of Engineering.
It is specifically designed to satisfy the demands of industry for practical Business Analytics skills and knowledge by developing new practitioners or upgrading entry level practitioners who have a suitable professional background, such as IT professionals, but who lack the necessary academic fundamentals to move into Specialist or Expert positions in Business Analytics. Graduates of the programme are capable of:
- Discovering insights from data.
- Applying concepts and techniques to solve major business problems.
- Designing and customizing targeted marketing campaigns.
- Analyzing sales channels.
- Optimizing the marketing mix of their organization.
- Improving decision making to increase returns on investments for their organization.
- Predicting the future profitability of their organization
MTech EBAC Brochure